14 January 2024

Envy

    Envy is a normal emotion to experience when you see something that someone else has and you want it too but what's not normal is when you try to take away that thing from that person or you try to bring down that person.

    Anyway, hari tu, aku nampak seorang acquaintance aku ni post story dekat Instagram, buat gift exchange/surprise Santa dengan co-workers dia (ugh, menyampah, Melayu, Islam tapi buat celebrate Christmas). Lepas tu, dalam story tu, aku nampak satu kotak Versace. Besar jugalah so it could either be a bag or a pair of shoes and I selfishly felt so annoyed, like, why? Why him? Why not me?

    Sigh. Aku tak pasti aku pernah mention ke tak dalam blog ni yang aku cuma dengki dengan someone kalau dia ada Versace, bukan semualah but the things that I like and want. Versace is the ultimate brand for me. Sejak aku tengok show dia fall/winter 2010 masa aku dekat sekolah dulu, I became enamoured with it. The Medusa head, the Greek motif (I love Greek mythology), it just hits the spot for me dan walaupun kadang - kadang design dia hit or miss, it's still got that charm.

    Masa dulu, aku boleh berangan jelah. Not saying sekarang aku dah mampu tapi aku bolehlah simpan duit untuk capai impian aku yang terbuku dalam hati bertahun - tahun, lebih daripada sedekad.