20 October 2025

I Wish I Could Stay Here

    A day after the incident, which I'm still recovering from, I had to go to a clinic because I was forced to get an MC instead of taking an EL as I didn't wanna leave the house and see anyone. I had to push myself to get up, have a shower, pray and get dressed before going to the clinic since it was getting dark and I didn't wanna be out at dusk.

    As I was leaving my apartment block, it started pouring so I took shelter in a nearby shopping centre. I was soaked and I thought to myself, 'this isn't gonna go well.' I'd been anxious to see the doctor, like, what if he'd refuse to give me an MC? What if he wouldn't believe me?' I went to the toilet, to try to make myself look at least a bit presentable.

    After the rain became lighter, I walked to the clinic, which, luckily, is just across the shopping centre. I entered it. It was dim and there was no one, except the front desk clerk who was surprisingly pleasant. She registered me and told me to wait in the waiting area which is sorta cozy because there are lotsa couches but I was still ridden with anxiety.

    A few minutes later, my name was called. I entered the consultation room and I was greeted by a seemingly pleasant man. He asked me what brought me there and I didn't plan to tell him what happened but I just, broke down. Thankfully, he just listened to me the entire time, he didn't dismiss me or invalidate me, he didn't make fun of me.

    At the end of the consultation, he gave me the MC, without questioning me and I left the room, feeling super thankful and touched, despite what'd just happened to me the day before. Everyone was nice to me and I just felt so safe there, I wish I could stay there, in that moment, for ever. It was one of the most beautiful moments in my life.

PS I'm in my hometown for a few days and I dread to go back there. I wish I had someone I could go home to, someone who would protect me, take care of me and make me feel safe again.