02 April 2025

I'm Not Looking Back Any More

    Tadi, aku tengok filem Companion dan ada seorang tu watak tu, muka dia macam seketul makhluk masa aku buat foundation dulu (ugh, meluat) tapi aku betul - betul bersyukur aku dah tak berkawan dengan dia dan orang - orang lain yang toxic.

    I used to hold on to the dream or the hope of us being friends for ever because we did have so much fun together I chose to turn a blind eye to his problematic behaviours but he was always trying to tear me down at every opportunity and at one point, I just no longer could take it.

    It's been four years since the last time I spoke to him (I confronted him and he just didn't have the ability to admit and apologise) and I don't miss him at all, not any more. I used to, in the beginning, after I cut him off, but then I met new people, I made new friends and I realised I deserved better. There are people who can treat me so much better so why would I go back to him?

    Sometime ago, a mutual "friend" of ours texted me, asking, 'would you be interested in rekindling your friendship with him?' I could confidently say, 'abso-freaking-lutely not.'

    I'm at the stage in my life where I'm not looking back any more. Sure, I reminisce the good old days from time to time, the bittersweet times and the best moments of my life so far, but I look forward to meeting new people, making new friends and creating new memories.