So, it's been slightly more than a month since I started working at this one property development company (it's not well-known, I think but it's bigger than the previous company I used to work at, so it's an upgrade) in Kuala Lumpur (also slightly more than a month since I moved to Kuala Lumpur) and it's been fine so far. There have been ups and downs, but I think that's normal. There are no perfect workplaces but so far, I think, it's less toxic compared to my previous workplace. Most people come to work to, well, work, not sitting on their arses, gossipping all day long. Also, I appreciate it's medium-paced so it's not too fast or to slow.
Nevertheless, last month's delayed salary payment (it was supposed to be made by 02/05 but it was delayed to 05/05) was sorta traumatising to me because I'm still traumatised by this one scammy recruitment agency where I briefly worked at before I got my current job who haven't paid me to this day (they owe me RM3,000). So, I still aim to get a job at a well-known, much bigger property development company, preferably, such as Gamuda, Sime Darby Property or SP Setia but maybe after a year or two because I've still got a lot to learn.
Do I regret working in human resources? I can't tell yet but what I can tell is, you'd think, since you've gotta deal with people, you would've got lotsa friends but typically, the HR department have their own room (because we store private & confidential documents) and since you deal with P&C matters, you can't really make friends which is sorta fine because I don't really feel like making friends at work anyway. Also, the work is never-ending.
Anyway, I can't wait to pay off some of my debts this year so I can focus on building a better life for myself and for my mum. Oh and I've bought the Fendi mirror clutch bag and some work clothes even though I shouldn't because I've spent a lotta money on moving here but I'm sorta sick of wearing the same outfits to the office (weirdly, I'm more excited about the latter, maybe it's because the former was a poor financial decision I made a few months ago, thinking I'd be paid by that scammy recruitment agency). I can't wait to try them on, I hope they'll look good on me.
I look forward to better days.