11 June 2026

The Low After the High

    I think, it's normal, for things to simmer down, after a period of excitement. I've been having a good time lately, I get to talk to him again, I met someone who I'm interested in being friends with (I'm not so sure this friendship would last long though), and I haven't felt like this in what feels like a very long time, and I wish it could remain this way for ever, but I know what goes up must come down, and trying to stop that, the equilibrium, can be catastrophic. So, as much as I want to keep talking to him, I know I shouldn't, I need to give him space to miss me and come to me, instead of me always being the one to go to him which is going to create an unhealthy pattern in the long run, and resentment. In the meantime, I need to learn to enjoy being in other people's company without him, I don't want to solely depend on him, because that's not healthy too. It's not easy and it's uncomfortable for me because I've been wired for almost all my life to cling to someone, but I've learnt the hard way, that it only pushes people away. I need to learn to be independent, to be able to stand on my own two feet, and to enjoy others' company without being clingy.