It's been more than a week since I moved to the new block, and I was told that a lot of the apartments here are actually unoccupied, hence why it's rather quiet, except for the noises from the roads, and I rarely bump into anyone in the lift. To be completely honest, I don't really mind the new block, like I've just said, there aren't many people here, so, I rarely bump into anyone in the lift, it's near the guardhouse, it's far from the previous two blocks, where I have bittersweet memories, but my new apartment is fairly dirty, it smells (because of my housemates and poor ventilation), it's shaded by trees, so, it's dark most of the time, it's facing towards the roads, so, it's quite noisy, there are insects, there's no water filter, and I have to pay more even though my room is smaller than the previous one.
I don't know how long I'm going to have to be here, I hope it won't be so long because the longer I stay here, the more I realise this place isn't for me. I've explored the block a bit, and I could see through the windows of the unoccupied apartments, they look much better than the one I'm renting, they look brighter, cleaner, and more spacious, and I imagined, in an ideal world, if I was making a lot of money, or, if I was getting a house allowance, I would've rented one of the apartments all to myself, or, I would've rented it with him, and we'd live together. We'd have dinner together, cook together, watch TV together, and spend the weekends together, for ever. Wouldn't that be so heavenly? I wouldn't care about anything else.
PS I reached out to him last Thursday, and surprisingly, he responded, and I thought we were making a progress, but sadly, it was short-lived, he stopped replying, the whole conversation lasted less than five hours, after more than a month of not talking. I was so frustrated, I still am, like, is there any hope for us? Will we ever be close friends like we used to be? As frustrated as I am, I haven't given up on us though, I refuse to, even if that makes me a fool.