11 January 2026

Fading Hope

    It's been nearly a year since I moved to Kuala Lumpur and I'm still struggling to adapt to living & working here. Every day I regret moving out of Cyber but the feeling gets stronger especially on Sunday and Monday. I hate taking the LRT and bumping into some ugly strangers who try to pick a fight with you because their lives are miserable so they wanna make yours miserable too, it's mentally and emotionally draining. Maybe living & working in Kuala Lumpur aren't just for me.

    I planned to get a car sometime around this year but I'm not sure if that's gonna happen since I'm still recovering from some financial losses last year and I've got some debts I need to settle. It feels sad to me as I need to put aside my wish list, including things I wanna get for my birthday this year. My dreams seem farther and farther away from me.

    I don't know if my life's gonna get any better, or worse, this year but what I do know is, it's better to have a calming job than a high-paying one. If you get paid a fortune but your job messes up your health, especially your mental health, it's not worth it. I used to think a job that pays you well would be good for you, hence you need to find one but I've learnt the hard way that's not always the case. Also, the location is important as well.

    I'm still hoping I'd get to move back to Cyber or Putrajaya or Bangi someday but I can feel the hope is fading.