19 April 2026

Moving in Silence

    I'm sure you've seen posts about moving in silence on social media, and it's ironic that some people repost these. They're basically announcing they're moving in silence. Well, a few days ago, I decided to move in silence, like really move in silence, without making an announcement about it. I, not only have stopped watching stories on Instagram, WhatsApp and Telegram, but I've also stopped posting stories on these apps, and I've been staying off them as well. Maybe it's too early to tell, but it feels sort of weird because I used to post loads of stories, especially on Instagram, but it feels sort of good too people don't know what I'm up to. A bit of mystery is good.

    I'm not like not gonna post any more stories, but from now on, I'll only post good stuff (no more stories about shitty things that happen to me), of high quality (no more stories about just any random stuff), and the highlights of my life (I'll only post stories about significant things that happen in my life). The reasons I'm doing this are not I'm trying to be someone else, but I just wanna see if it could change my life, for the better, because sadly, many people actually aren't interested in hearing the shits you go through, they just wanna hear the good stuff. They may or may not pretend to listen to you when you talk about your problems at first, but if those are all you keep talking about, they will stay away from you eventually.

    I don't really blame them, because if it was me, maybe I'd stay away as well. Different people have different capacity, and they've probably got their own problems too, so, maybe it's too much for them to handle, but it's still sad because to me, you should be able to talk about both the good stuff and the bad stuff, albeit not excessively, that's how relationships have depth, if not, they're shallow.

    Anyway, this brings me to my next point, and that is, since I'm going to Johore next week, I'm planning to do sort of like a rebranding. I'm gonna try my best to capture the best moments of the trip, and I'm gonna post them in one story, on Telegram (for Shorty 2.0 to see) and Instagram (for everyone to see), and then, I'm gonna remove all my previous stories on the former, then, I'm gonna leave it at that. The good thing about Telegram is, when you post a story there, it'll appear on your profile, so, even if it goes expired without the target viewing your story, they can always go to your profile and view it.

    Also, I'm gonna make it look like a solo trip, when it's actually a work trip. Yes, from now on, I'm curating my social media presence, I only present what I want people to see. I don't know if you've heard of avoidant attachment, but many people with anxious attachment like myself, say it's not real, these people are just not into you. To me, I think avoidant attachment is as real as anxious attachment, different people have different experience, so, they operate differently. The differences between anxious attachment and lack of interest are, someone with the former would save your number, they text you once in a while, albeit they may not reply to all your texts, and they don't delete your number or block you.

    So, unfortunately, dealing with people with avoidant attachment like Shorty 2.0, you've gotta be strategic. It's not playing a game, it's just adjusting your way of dealing with different people, one size doesn't fit all. If you wanna keep someone like this around, this is what you've gotta do, and that's the decision I've made because he means a lot to me. Based on what I've gathered, they need a lot of space and time (they get easily suffocated), they don't have the capacity to deal with emotions (drama-free), and they're attracted to people who are independent (good vibes only). Do I wish he'd change someday? Yes, but for now, this is what I've gotta do. This may sound pathetic, but that's why I wanna show him, I can do things on my own, in hope of he'd come back one day. I've been giving him space and time, I just need to prove to him I can be independent.

PS He and I operate on different clocks. One week to him is equivalent to one day, one week to me feels like one month. Also, I'm planning to go to Port Dickson this Labour Day.