After my previous post, I felt fine this morning. I did my laundry, I went out to get breakfast, I went swimming, but as the day went by, and the night started falling, like a curtain, I got that sinking feeling: Is this the end of us? Will he ever come back? Will I not see him, ever again?
I imagine wandering in our ruins. The war is over, but all the buildings, the skyscrapers, the towers, have been reduced to rubbles. Both sides lost, neither one of the two won. Now, we're forced to deal with the aftermath. Yes, we'll rebuild our cities, and we'll build memorials, as a reminder of our past, but are we gonna learn anything from our mistakes? Are we gonna be at peace? Are we gonna be friendly? Regardless, one thing for certain is, things will never be the same again.
Maybe I am a fool, for wanting to believe there's still hope for us, even though it's fading, like the light of a dying star, and one fine day, you'll return, as a better person. When that day comes, I'll never let you go, ever again. I'll be waiting for that day, and in the meantime, I'll be praying for you. I'll be praying to God to keep you safe and healthy while you travel the world, meet new people, until you come to a realisation of who's been loving you from afar. I hope you will realise that, someday.
Goodnight.