05 December 2024

You Know What You Want but You Just Don't Have the Means

    Believe it or not, I rarely get rambang mata or spoilt with choices. When I go to a shop, I've already known what I want. Unless I go window shopping, then I'd just browse just to spend time and probably end up not buying anything because I've got something very specific in mind when it comes to what I want, unless I don't mind settling for less a bit, you know what I mean?

    Though, I'm not sure if I could say most of the things I've bought are informed purchases? I've admittedly made impulse purchases a number of times.

    Anyway, despite knowing what I want, most of the time, I just don't have the means, specifically, financial means.

    I still remember, when I was in my early 20s, I was obsessed with Topman, it was one of the it high street brands and I was obsessed with this striped, oversized, sleeveless T-shirt and a Rio de Janeiro T-shirt? I was also obsessed with this River Island peacock print shirt and a koi fish print shirt and I just couldn't afford them at the time because I simply didn't have money.

    Looking back, of course, I don't mind missing them at all. In fact, I've still got this one River Island leaf print shirt (I can't really remember how I managed to get it, maybe I borrowed my friend's money) which I still find beautiful but I don't wear it often because I think it's sorta outta style.

    The reason I'm writing this is I really want the Fendi mirror clutch bag, the Versace Goddess T-shirt and the Versace sunglasses and it makes me sad I can't afford them at the moment because I haven't got a job. I know it probably sounds so trivial and materialistic and it's the last thing I need to worry about  but I hate being in this situation. It takes me back to the time when I had to entirely depend on my mum and it makes me feel hopeless and helpless.

    I really hope I'll get a better paying job soon so I could get them before my birthday next year. Sigh.