16 January 2025

Escape from the Reality

    I think I've talked a number of times in this blog about how I grew up in poverty, hence why luxury shoes, bags and clothes are my outlet, a fantasy, if you like because I couldn't afford them in the past, the thought of getting them didn't even cross my mind so getting them now sorta, I don't like this term but for lack of a better term, heals my inner child.

    Obviously, I'm still not at the point where I can just make a purchase without having to save or worry about money. That's the reason, one, I don't go for upper luxury brands like Chanel and Dior (plus, I'm not as into these brands as, for instance, Versace), and two, I go for things that go on sale (that doesn't mean I buy things simply because they're on sale though, I buy them because I love them) and "pre-loved". If I'd got a lot of money, I would've purchased the Prada medium leather handbag which is priced at RM13,000 or the Fendi medium soft By The Way bag which price is RM11,000.

    Anyway, I've been in a stressful situation for quite sometime (it's better at the moment now that I get to work home which means I don't have to wake up super early, travel far to go to work and deal with people) so I've been coping with the stress by distracting myself with luxury things. One of them is by watching Cassie Thorpe. I've admittedly sorta got a love-hate relationship with her for a number of reasons but she's the only YouTuber I don't get tired of and I've been watching her since 2021. I get excited every Monday, Wednesday and Friday because those are the days she posts a video on YouTube at 9:00 pm.

    Another coping mechanism of mine is, having something to look forward to which drives you to keep going. I just can't wait to get the Fendi bag, the Versace T-shirt, sunglasses and my Balenciaga bag restored. Pay day is about two weeks away but I'm already calculating how I'm gonna spend my salary this month.