It's been a while since my last post and I've just realised it's also been a while since the last time I posted a photo here. I've taken many photos but I've never posted them anywhere because they're so personal to me so maybe I should post them here.
Anyway, last weekend, I went back to my hometown. It felt good, I mean, it's always nice to see my mum and spend time with her. I just feel safe and peaceful around her. I wish I could stay with her and look after her but at the same time, I know I can't stay there.
Last month, I returned to my hometown and I visited a shopping centre. Before I went home, I wanted to take a stroll in the department store, just for the sake of nostalgia, and as I was walking there, one of the sales assistants glared at me and I hadn't seen that glare in a very long time but I remembered it, that sneery glare.
It's the same glare that people in my hometown had been shooting at me since I was at second school and it used to bother me a lot. It made me feel like I was some sort of a freak when I just dressed better than most people and I've always liked to dress up.
In Kuala Lumpur, most people don't even bat an eye at you. Also, if you think you're overdressed, there are others who are more overdressed than you. Only several (kampung, rempit, PPRT, miskin, kelas bawahan) would glare at you like the people in my hometown do.
As much as I hate Kuala Lumpur, that's one of the things I like about it. You can be yourself, you don't have to hide it to please people around you. On the contrary, those people are looked down upon here because of their awful attitudes.
It doesn't bother me as much as it used to because I've got a thicker skin now and I'm more self-assured but I was like, that's one of the reasons I can't live and work in my hometown. Many people there are narrow-minded and they'd make you feel like you're the problem.
Anyway, having to be separated from my mum, again, is always hard. I wish so badly I had someone here with me, to take care of me on days I can barely take care of myself, to drive me to work and take me home so I wouldn't have to take the dreadful public transport, to cook for me so I'd feel less homesick, to cheer me up when I'm down, to watch TV with me so I wouldn't have to watch it all by myslef, to talk to me until I fall asleep, to embrace me when I sleep so I wouldn't feel so lonely.