I don't know how to start this post. I went through a lot yesterday and today. I'm not sure where to start. I guess I'd just skip the first half of yesterday and tell what happened the second half of yesterday and today.
First of all, I didn't even wanna go out initially because, a few nights ago, I received some texts from my former close friend and they felt like a punch in the gut. So, I was sad, hurt, frustrated and disappointed, I still am, it's gonna take sometime. I had hoped we could be friends again but now I truly know it's over.
I played pickleball in the morning and I met some friends and new people. I don't feel like going into the details at the moment. Then I went to Bangi for a job interview the next day. Going back to Bangi felt surreal and it was an emotional experience for me, I miss it and I wish I could live and work there. It's obviously less hectic than Kuala Lumpur so I immediately felt better. Of course, the emotional attachment plays a part as well.
But, I'd forgotten to print out a copy of my SPM and degree transcripts for the interview so after checking into Tenera Hotel, I went to Print Expert at Bangi Gateway but by the time I got there, the shop was closed. I didn't know where else to go. I walked around, asked strangers, no one knew any other printing shops and the night was falling. I was pacing around in Plaza Bangi Perdana and I saw a front desk clerk for a hotel there.
I asked her if she could print out for me and at first, she seemed hesitant but I begged her to help me so she did and for that, I'm very thankful. Then, I needed to get a pair of track bottoms because I didn't have one but there was no shop at Bangi Gateway and in the surrounding area that sells track bottoms. I remember there's a sports shop near Fariz Maju so I had to walk from Bangi Gateway to the shop. It might not seem that far, by car, but by foot, it's completely different.
The walk in the dark got me emotional because seeing the houses lit up inside, knowing there are families living there, made me wish I owned one of the houses too. I used to dream of owning a luxurious, sexy apartment but as I get older, I also get more realistic and a terraced house doesn't sound so bad. I also wish I'd taken some photos but my phone ran outta battery.
After walking a long distance, I got there at last. I bought the track bottoms and I thought, while I was there, I might as well have dinner at Fariz Maju. I used to go there with my close friends but since we're no longer friends, that was my first time going there all by myself and of course, I ordered what we used to always order: double fried Maggi with a sunny side up egg which is the best fried Maggi I've ever tasted.
Once I had my dinner, I looked around for a power outlet to charge my phone so I could get a Grab to go back to the hotel and I couldn't find one. I went as far as Kompleks Sukan Seksyen 15 but I still couldn't find one until I walked to Galaxy Futsal. Once my phone came alive again, I ordered a Grab but to no avail. No one wanted to take me. I waited so long and I figured, I might as well just walk back to the hotel which is like 2 km from the place.
If you've been to Bangi, you know the roads near Bangi Gateway can get crazy but I walked anyway, passing by the fire station, the school, the night market and the factories. I can't remember the last time I did something crazy like that but it made me sad because, I've been through so much and I still had to do something like that. I wish I had a car so I didn't have to go through what I went through.
When I got to the hotel, I was drenched in sweat and I was physically, mentally and emotionally exhausted. I went to my room and called my mum before going to bed. I wanted to have a shower but I was beat.
The next day, I woke up early to get ready for the interview which I failed and I had breakfast afterwards at the hotel which was mediocre. Then I went home. So, it was all for nothing. It was a waste of my time, my money and my energy. I guess the only good takeaway from this experience is, I can now consider settling down in Bangi, not just Cyber.