01 March 2026

Uncertainty

    It's been nearly a year since I moved to Kuala Lumpur, and I'm still yearning to go back to Cyber. I think there are a couple of reasons I'm still living and working here. One, I haven't found another job, and, two, Shorty 2.0. He's the reason I'm looking for another job here and I used to be searching for another job in Cyber. If he'd have to return to his country someday which we'll find out in April, May or June 2026, I don't think I'd be able to stay here, it'd be too painful.

    I'm not sure where I should go from here. Should I look for another job in Cyber or Kuala Lumpur? Should I search for a job in HR or in another field? Should I stay here for another year? I'm not sure, so, I just go with the flow, I let life take me to wherever it's going until I get a sign or an answer.

    I'm not sure if I've talked about this in a previous post but when I was working in Cyber, I was living lavishly. I'd have fancy dinner almost every Friday night, go to the shopping centres and the karaoke bars and the cinemas, and I'd buy luxury items a few times a year. Now, I can barely do any of those any more. I thought moving here would make my life better, but I feel like it just gets worse.