01 May 2026

Waiting for Something Uncertain

    One of the things I've learnt about dismissive-avoidant people is, they need ample space and time, and as someone who's anxious-preoccupied, it makes me feel extremely uneasy to not be in constant contact with Shorty 2.0. I wish I could just text him, and that's not gonna make him pull further away from me, but I imagine living together with him, and if he's been avoiding me, I'm not going to knock on the door of his room, wouldn't I? It's easier to say things in texts than in person

    Still, I'm worried if he's never coming back to me. Even if he is, when? How long do I have to wait? I'm tired of waiting, especially for something uncertain. I know I've done what I could, by giving him ample space and time, and there's nothing else that can be done, but sometimes, I blame myself for making the situation worse, and I wonder if I'm doing the right thing, by not texting him.

    There are some good signs, I guess, like, he hasn't deleted my number, and blocked me, and he responded well to my text last week, I think. All I can do now is just wait.

PS A dismissive-avoidant friend of mine sent me a text a few days ago, out of the blue, after disappearing for about two weeks. I don't know if Shorty 2.0 is gonna do the same, since our issues are deeper.